Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Night Mountain Wind


Craned my neck and saw the full moon.
Shining away with all its glory.
Borrowing all it could from the Sun; 
which was nowhere to be seen so soon.

      Through the dark woods, I waded my way;
      followed and guided by this stray;
      so bright and sketchy, with messy-white a sheen.

As my feet shuffled past the dark shrubbery,
did I realize that alone was not me.

      Twisting and whirling, around itself;
      there was something else; which made its presence felt;
      by sending a chilling wave down my spine.

No, no, not animals; they don't have me scared.
'cause at this time around, we all had the Jungle shared.

In a whistling flow, it gave a gentle bow, 
ruffled the leaves up, and then let them go.
.
The Night Mountain Wind brought the night mountain chill
which threatened the warmth that backed my power of will.
I climbed upon a ridge which itself jutted by
and saw the night valley sing a lullaby.









Night Mountain Wind : poem by Aditya Mantha is work licensed under Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Commons License
Blue Dendrite by Aditya Mantha is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.